Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Challenge to Support Our Wounded Veterans is Still On


Do you know anyone who has fought for our country and was hurt in the line of duty? Maybe you don't know that person but you want to help him or her anyway. The people who fight for our freedom and keep us safe from enemies are true heroes.  

Fantasy heroes like Superman, Batman and the Incredible Hulk are great for television and movies, but my heroes are these men and women who fight for our country.

One of my dear friends from high school has a husband who was deployed to Iraq over ten years ago. He left behind his bride along with brand new twin baby girls. I remember how devastated my friend was because she had just given birth to not one but two babies AND her husband was thousands of miles away with hardly any communication. I could not even fathom what she was going through at the time. My friend’s husband came home after his first tour completely safe and unharmed but that all changed when he went on his second tour.

Bill was in a small town in Iraq, evacuating civilians from their homes when he was attacked by a man with a knife. Bill was stabbed in the chest, stomach and eyes and saved by another soldier. He was medically tended to and flown back home to his wife and kids but between the injuries he sustained and PTSD he suffered from, Bill's wife started to feel helpless. She had two young children, a wounded husband, no car due to lack of income and a house and bills to pay for. She started to crumble. That is when the Wounded Warrior Project stepped in. The Wounded Warrior Project provided my friend and “Bill” with a minivan for their family and also helped them financially. It took so much stress from my friend’s shoulders and allowed her and “Bill” to see the light at the end of the tunnel. At that point I had never heard of the Wounded Warrior Project but began to really look into the organization after they helped my friend and her family. I read about such amazing stories and decided I needed to help.

This year I have a charity, ‘Alex Figliolia Jr. 20 K for Veterans Day Donation Match in Support of Wounded Veterans.’ All donations will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. For every dollar that is donated I, Alex Figliolia Jr will match up to $20,000. That means there is a chance of $40,000 being donated to this amazing charity. If you would like to help please visit the following link and donate today. There is no donation too big or too small. Please find it in your hearts to help soldiers and their families in need and click the link to give back to the people who help keep our country free.

www.alexfiglioliajr.com

Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment